I was nominated for a Liebster Award by my friend over at Hope Blooms in Darkness.
I was also nominated for Very Inspiring Blogger by my buddy over at Looking for Reasoning to a Complicated World.
The nomination requirements are very similar, so I am going to combine them into one..I’m sure that’s breaking some sacred blogger code of ethics, but who really wants me to do this twice? There’s only so much you can know about me, right? Haha (The rules for the Liebster award are below, the rules for the Inspirational Blogger were 7 facts, and 15 blog nominations.)
I have to follow some rules governing this blog award. Those who will be nominated must also follow such rules.
Here they are:
First is to accept the award, post the picture of the Liebster Award on the top of post and say who nominated you for the award and list their blog site.
Rule number 1 is to list 11 random facts about me.
Rule number 2 is to nominate 11 other bloggers for the Liebster Award and list their blogsites.
Rule number 3 is to notify the bloggers of their award.
Rule number 4 is to ask the award winners 11 questions to answer when they accept their Liebster Award.
Rule number 5 is to answer the questions left for me by the blogger
Here goes nuthin..
11 Facts about good ol’ me:
1. The sound of dogs barking makes me forget I’m a Christian.
2. I love summer nights, and the smell of food cookin on the BBQ.
3. I quit eating all sugar, and drinking caffeine 15.5 months ago.
4. I have a son who loves to pretend he’s James Bond with the task of getting the mail. He hides out around corners while the mail carrier drives up, does flips and rolls around as he sneaks to the box, then jumps out and yells with victory when he gets there..just as the lady drives off. She probably thinks he’s insane.
5. I wish I never quit piano lessons
6. I love to walk, and am training to RUN my first half marathon in October. We will run 4 half marathons in 4 weeks next year with our church to help benefit people fighting AIDS in India.
7. I hate running.
8. I’m too sarcastic for my own good. I’d say I’m working on it, but we all know I’m not.
9. I love to put potato chips IN my peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
10. Seafood disgusts me.
11. I am crazygonuts for my hubby.
I love way more than 11 blogs, but I’m nominating (in no particular order)
Here are my answers to the questions set for me….
1. What is the most memorable event in your life?
Realizing I didn’t have to be miserable, and live in the bondage of depression.
2. Why did you join WordPress?
Because I left Facebook, but still wanted to get some devo’s and thoughts out in cyberspace..so I came back to blogging. 🙂
3. What is your main Goal in Life?
To continue growing in Him until the very end!
4. Where would you want to travel the most in the world and why?
My burning desire for about 10 years was to go to Africa, and love on the babies/kids in the orphanages for the rest of my life. But, the choices I made in life weren’t commiserate with that goal, and so it never happened! Nowadays, my desire for travel in general is non existent beyond maybe a week in a tropical paradise. But my desire to love on the forgotten/outcast hasn’t changed a bit.
5. What is one of the worst experiences you’ve ever undergone and how did you learn from it?
I’ve been through a lot that could be seen as horrific. But, the only thing that has truly effected my day to day life was being bullied. It’s something that really cut deep. Worse than any other thing I ever went through. That being said, The Lord turns everything for good. And I have taken a lot from those situations and learned from them, and have been able to help others.
6. If you had 3 wishes that you could get answered instantly what would you wish for and why?
1. For limitless wishes. 2. Nice tight body without having to work for it. 3. Every person to be shown love from birth to death, no matter what happens in between.
7. Do you believe in God?
8. What leisure do you enjoy most?
Laying on my bed with the window open and the birds singing.
9. If you could teach me one life lesson, what would it be?
Who’s “me”? The person who nominated me? I’ll go with that. 🙂 I would teach you to fully believe what Christopher Robin taught Pooh Bear: “You’re braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.”
10. Name one thing you do everyday that without it your day would feel incomplete.
11. What one thing you would change about/in the world if you had the power to do it.
I would keep children safe, wanted, and loved. Children who feel safe, wanted, and loved turn into grown ups who know their value.
I’m giving the blogs I nominated the same questions to answer as me.